The Creative and the ( ) is a blank space for me to put up new work, old work, freelance work and simply share it with the world

Blog Posts

30.3.10

Noise 4

ATTIK
There are a number of design things I love, Baseline, Design Week (before the redesign), Harper Collins logo, Milton Glazer, etc, etc. Never to make that list was The Attik, they do great work, always have done, very much them when they want it to be but very much on brief when they need it to be.

When I was a student they had a brief out for Noise 4, the book to end all design books perhaps? Anyway the brief came through the Society of Typographic Designers who are on my list of things I adore and so I set about creating a solution that adhered to my own sense of design ethic, was very much the Attik and also had simply simple but unmistakably good typography. Looking back I probably achieved none of this but I had fun doing it.

FAVOURITE MEMORY
I suppose this project was most famous for having a double page spread of my own genitals housed in a sheep shaped pouch, thankfully this image no longer exists.

Search Me